Confessions of a Mombie

All our lives we've been warned of the dangers of doing drugs. No one tells you that Motherhood kills brain cells. Just how many episodes of "Blue's Clues" one can watch without doing serious damage is still a matter in much need of investigation. Let this blog serve as a warning to all of the dangers that come with loving three tiny creatures wholly and unconditionally. It is an addiction, an obsession... and the world's best high.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Goodbye, Old Friend - In Memory of Justin Caisse (7/3/99 - 1/8/07)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our faithful beagle is now keeping my Dad company in Heaven and life will never quite be the same. Yes, there is less poop (though Simon and Sophie do try to make up the difference) but the house feels so empty without him here snoring by my feet. I miss him so much already, though I have yet to really let myself begin to grieve. Leo has taken it harder than I have so far...
I am sure that will change as the truth of his absence hits me, probably when I least expect it.

I love you Justin, and I'm so relieved to know that you're no longer in pain. Go chase some rabbits, buddy, and give Dad a kiss for me.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Chele76 said…

    oh, poor puppy. But you are right, and he is not suffering anymore. I'll say a little puppy prayer for him... I know how you feel. I just lost my beloved Prancer, I had him for over 18 years. It's devistating to loose someone like that. *HUGS*

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home